Pumps and Industrial
With over 40 years experience supplying oil and grease free non-metallic bearings, sliding wear pads and structural elastomer components, Thordon Bearings can provide solutions that meet or exceed your expectations.
Thordon journal bearings perform well in these operating conditions: abrasive, corrosive, high impact load, high humidity and infrequent maintenance periods
The major difference between Thordon and other commonly used bearing materials is:
· No oil or grease required
· Abrasive resistance
· Self lubricating - dry start-up
· Noise reduction
· Allows better load distribution over the bearing surface
· Thordon is less rigid - it can deflect slightly
· Different grades for different applications/pressures
Thordon non-metallic bearings have been used in a wide range of industries and various applications such as in pumps, pivot points, screw conveyors, grapples, agitators, gate lock and dam and flocculator paddle wheels.